And NOT feel like you’re starving yourself 🙂
Have you been reading about Intermittent Fasting (IF) EVERYWHERE? Seems like it’s all people talk about these days and there is reasons why.
- Weightloss – No, not because you are starving yourself. After 12 hours of fasting, you’re body will go into ketosis where it will start burning fat for fuel.
- Mental Clarity – Ever realize that you feel like most of your good ideas happen in the morning before you eat? It’s because your body is making more ketones which is your brain’s preferred fuel source.
So how long do I fast for?
I recommend fasting for 16 hours at a minimum. The longer you fast, the longer your body is in ketosis and it is burning fat for fuel.
How do I fast for that long?
- Start off with fasting for 12 hours, which should be easy. Stop eating at 8pm and don’t eat until AFTER 8am the next morning. You should be asleep for most of that time so it shouldn’t be too difficult.
- Each week try to extend it an additional hour or more until you reach 16 hours.
What can I have during my fasting time?
- BLACK coffee/tea
- Ketones – All ketones are not created equal and some will even break your fast so let me know if you are interested in the brand I use.
That’s it! Now, if you are thinking “I can’t skip breakfast!?” I was the SAME way! I struggled with staying on IF for so long. I was the type to eat as soon as I woke up and I have to say I feel so much better since adding IF into my daily routine. If you have ANY questions, feel free to leave them in the comments or reach out to me on social!