If you’re scared to use your cast iron skillet to bake in…I was too!
You can use a baking dish but if you want to try a cast iron skillet, this is the one I have.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Handful of chopped cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar
- If you’re bacon isn’t cooked, preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line a baking pan (one with sides so the grease doesn’t spill over) with aluminum foil.
- Lay a few bacon slices flat.
- Cook for 12-15min depending on desired crisp and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch cast iron skillet or 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add the melted butter, cream, and eggs to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the coconut flour, sugar substitute, salt, and baking soda to the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and chopped bacon.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden and a tester comes out clean.